What is a filling?
If your tooth has developed one or more cavities or is decayed, we may recommend a dental filling to restore your smile. We can also recommend a dental filling to correct damage that may have been caused by teeth grinding or nail-biting. If Dr. Thomas M. Kiefer recommends a dental filling, our caring team will:
- Administer the proper anesthetic
- Carefully remove any damaged or decayed area
- Gently clean and sanitize the infect area
- Fill the tooth one layer at a time, allowing each layer adequate time to dry
- Shape, smooth, and polish the filling to match your smile
What will my tooth be filled with?
Our team is proud to offer composite fillings to give you the most pleasing aesthetic appearance possible. Composite fillings – which are also known as white or tooth-colored fillings – can be used to match the color, shade, and tone of your smile. We may also recommend a white filling because of its durability and resistance to chewing. Our team is happy to offer you the most comfortable dental experience possible, regardless of how we can help your smile. If you have any questions about the benefits of a dental filling in Marathon, Florida, we invite you to contact us today. We are excited to care for your smile!